by SafiyaJmu Investigator
Investigator

disatisfied with EE service it's been over 10 days now

Hi

I am so disatisfied with your service it's been 10 days now and no email or anything to state what the delay is in regards to my request.

A simple request to unlock my phone which I am paying for and is not a free service which I am after.

I am currently abroad and need to depend on local Wi-Fi or restaurant Wi-Fi and is not good as cannot use a local SIM.

Request was made on 15th August 2018 today being the 24th august 2018.

I was assured an email will be sent working 24 to 72 hours but nothing till date.

Made 2 online requests and complain and still to no avail.

Can someone email or text me Asap in regards to my phone being unlocked either the pin or an update

Phone Samsung s8

Kind regards 

A very upset customerSmiley Sad
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: disatisfied with EE service it's been over 10 days now

@SafiyaJmu  No one will email or text you as this is a public forum not customer services.   To unlock a device that’s a contract device you have to have that device for 6 months and then you can request the device to be unlocked but as it’s still in contract it will cost you £8.99 it’s only free once you have completed the contract term.  It take up to 10 days for a unlock request to go through but if you’ve not have the device for 6 months the request will be made but you’ll hear nothing back as you’ve not read the teams of the unlock which are on the online request form.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SafiyaJmu

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard from our unlocking team yet.

I recommend speaking to our customer service team who have access to your account and will be able to give you an update.

If you're a current EE pay monthly customer, you can get in contact through a live chat service in your My EE account (desktop browser).

You can find our other contact details, including an international number, on our get in touch help page.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris

by SafiyaJmu Investigator
Investigator

@Christopher_G thanks for your message.

Firstly I am over 6 months in my contract.

I made a call on the 15th of August 2018 to request the unlock. The gentleman on the phone took my IMEI number to process this and stated 8.99 would be deducted of my next bill which I was fine with.

I was advised I will be reciving email with the unlock code with 72 hours.

Today is the 25th of August I have written emails to the complaints team twice also filled the online unlock request just in case and received a automated response.

I am currently abroad and cannot call customer service and need to depend on hotel Wi-Fi and cannot purchase an local.sim as my phone is locked. 

It's really not helping as I cannot be in touch with my family. I am here for the next 2 weeks , and was hoping this can be resolved at the earliest.

Also no response to my 2 complaint emails shows my requests are being ignored.

@Christopher_G wrote:

Hi @SafiyaJmu

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard from our unlocking team yet.

I recommend speaking to our customer service team who have access to your account and will be able to give you an update.

If you're a current EE pay monthly customer, you can get in contact through a live chat service in your My EE account (desktop browser).

You can find our other contact details, including an international number, on our get in touch help page.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris

by
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks for explaining further, @SafiyaJmu

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thank you.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.