by iMi Investigator
Investigator

blocked iphone 7 with ee

Hi

I am with EE contract. My iphone 7 is blocked. Please can you help me how to unblock?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: blocked iphone 7 with ee

@iMi  EE unlock rules are you must have the device for more than 6 months before you can request it to be unlocked if you want it unlocked before 21 months but after 6 months it will cost you £8.99.   After 21 months the device is unlocked for free.   

You can request it to be unlocked HERE and it will cost you £8.99 as the iPhone 7 hasn’t been available for 21 months yet since launch. 

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Why is it blocked?

Did you buy the handset from Gumtree /Ebay?

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @iMi

Do you mean it is SIM locked or Blacklisted for lost/stolen?

Many thanks,

Lee

by iMi Investigator
Investigator

That's sim''s locked. Came with ee contract. Called to customer service 3 months ago. They were asking to pay extra 8.99 pounds to unlock. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@iMi   If you got the device from EE yourself and your still in contract with the device it will cost you £8.99 it’s only free after 21 months of having the contract.

if the device was purchased elsewhere then it will cost you £8.99.   Elsewhere includes eBay/Guntree.  

Just to to point out you want it unlocked not unblocked as unblocking a device is not unlocking a device and these are totally different.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @iMi

£8.99 is the standard unlock fee for a device, was it bought second hand or is it your own?

Many thanks,

Lee

by iMi Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Chris. Sorry was meant locked. 

by iMi Investigator
Investigator

Came with EE sim. Was new. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@iMi  EE unlock rules are you must have the device for more than 6 months before you can request it to be unlocked if you want it unlocked before 21 months but after 6 months it will cost you £8.99.   After 21 months the device is unlocked for free.   

You can request it to be unlocked HERE and it will cost you £8.99 as the iPhone 7 hasn’t been available for 21 months yet since launch. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@iMi wrote:

Came with EE sim. Was new. 

But was it new when you got it or is it 2nd-hand? Are you the original owner?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @iMi

I see you have had a few answers on this regarding our unlocking process.

Has your question been answered?

If not, please let us know if the device was second hand or if you are the original owner.

We'll do our best to help.

Thanks

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions