by ronny Investigator
Investigator

blacklist

I'm Mobile reponsible for a company in Belgium. On 16/01 one of our company phones was not able to call anymore. We take contact with our provider Proximus. 

Poximus let us know that Orange UK has blacklisted the phone. 

We have the invoice from this phone bought by our legal preferred IT partner "Bechtle". 

It was a new Iphone 6. This phone was always on a contract with Proximus, never used on another provider. We have never used Orange UK or Orange Belgium. We have never make a sign of lost or stolen. The Iphone was always in our company. Proximus let us know that we must contact Orange UK to remove from the IMEI from the blacklist. European agreement that only the provider can remove a phonefrom a blacklist that has put it on the blacklist. I have called several times EE ( orange UK), they said our provider should do this.

PLease can anyone help me where i have to go to remove this mistake that our iphone is on the blacklist. 

I find this very strange that another provider can blacklist other providers Iphones....

Ronny Vandenberk

PolyVision NV

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: blacklist

@ronny  You will have to ask your network provider to make contact with EE to sort this out.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @ronny

Thank you for visiting EE community 🙂

You would need to speak to your network provider to help resolve this as @Chris_B has advised.

I hope you can resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If EE/Orange UK has put this device on a blacklist it must have been originally sold by EE. How can an EE phone now be provided by another carrier? It must be 2nd-hand. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by ronny Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX, What is this for an answer.

We are a international company. we only buy new products from premium resellers.

My biggest concern is that Orange UK does not check the IMEI that they put on the Blacklist. If they had done this they would notice that this IMEI was not a phone from Orange of EE. 

This is a Belgiuum Phone without a simlock, brand new bought from a premium reseller "Bechtle". Always has a contract with the Belgium provider Proximus. 

What makes me the most angry is that the helpdesk from EE does get rid of customer with the explenation taht we have to contact our provider. Without creating an incident for further investigation. Orange UK has put the wrong IMEI on the blacklist and will not helping to solved this or to investigate this problem.

The international procedure about removing an IMEI nr from the blacklist is that the provider that put the phone on the blaklist is the only provider that can or may release the phone from that list. 

So Orange UK or EE can SABOTAGE their concurent providers by blocking their phones.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ronny  The only person who can get a blacklist removed from a device is the account holder, problem is there is no account holder to request it to be removed as the device is not linked to any account on Orange/EE.   

As I said your network should be sorting this out with EE not you as you will not get a blacklist removed as you don’t and never have had an account with Orange/EE.   

Call your network provider and request that thay call EE to rectify this situation as you personally cannot do it. 

How this actually happened I’ve got no idea but when EE do blacklist a device they do check it as they will only do it for the account holder and the IMEI number has to be on there account.  

by ronny Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B, you said it yourself:

" How this actually happened I’ve got no idea but when EE do blacklist a device they do check it as they will only do it for the account holder and the IMEI number has to be on there account.  "

so my question is the same! How can Orange UK block an IMEI/phone  as the device is not linked to any account on Orange/EE.  

if they check the IMEI nr they will see that there is no EE account on this IMEI so they will know that EE has made a mistake. IF EE has made a mistake, i find it normal that they should undo their mistake!!

by
EE Employee

Hi @ronny and welcome to the community.

Customer services would need to look into this further and may require proof of ownership of the device.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does Checkmend.com - CheckMEND‎ report on this IMEI? I believe it should show the original seller as well as who blacklisted it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@ronny you have answered your own question.

Bechtle is a reseller. Meaning these products are not new. They buy these products to re-sell on. So the origional owner of this phone must have sold it and then claimed it lost/stolen to claim back insurance money.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by ronny Investigator
Investigator

All products from Bechtle are new.

check their site. NO reseller

https://shop.bechtle.be/en

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Couple your posts are stating they are resellers.

I have just done a live chat with them.

They state that not all of their products come from the manufacturer. So you could have bought a phone that someone has sold them and then claimed on their insurance as lost/stolen. (this phone may have been sealed in a box meaning the person who sold it to them had all the intention of doing what they have done)

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.