by rach74 Investigator
Investigator

been waiting since sunday for unlock code for old phone how long does this take

was hoping to have code as want phone to go away on holiday so thought i would have by now as its an out of contract phone as ive just upgraded but still waiting, any ideas how long till i get unlock code?

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: been waiting since sunday for unlock code for old phone how long does this t

It could take up to 10 days. When did you apply?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by rach74 Investigator
Investigator

Re: been waiting since sunday for unlock code for old phone how long does this t

since sunday, thought as out of contract and free it would be quick

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Makes no difference! It's only the fee that is removed when past contract term. It does tell you on the unlocking form that it could take up to 10 days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @rach74

So I can try and help please may I know what type of device is it?

Many thanks,

Lee

by rach74 Investigator
Investigator

its samsung s7

by
EE Employee

Hi @rach74

Have you checked the junk/spam folder of your email to see if the instruction and unlock code are there?

Many thanks,

Lee

by rach74 Investigator
Investigator

yes i have nothing there

by
EE Employee

Hi @rach74

How did you request your unlock was it via the web or over the phone with customer services?

Many thanks,

Lee

by rach74 Investigator
Investigator

via the web

by
EE Employee

Hi @rach74

We do advise unlocking can take up to 10 days.

Once it has hit the 10 days and you have heard nothing please let us know and we can chase this.

Many thanks,

Lee

by rach74 Investigator
Investigator

ok thanks, we will be away so hope the code comes before if not will just have to wait till im back, crazy why it takes so long

by
EE Employee

Hi @rach74

No problems let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by palidat17 Investigator
Investigator

Hey! I'm also waiting to unlock my S7 and can't believe it can take up to 10 days! Why does it take this long??! I think the whole thing is just ridiculous! Cat Frustrated

by
EE Employee

Hi @palidat17 and welcome to the community.

As the codes are not kept in house we do need to wait for the manufacturer to send us these codes.

This is why we do have to quote up to 10 days.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions