by Tylerd
Explorer

Will BT sim work in phone locked to ee?

Hello, if  I buy a used iphone locked to EE will I be able to use my BT SIM in it? I have been told by BT that the answer is no but have read several times online that this is not correct as BT uses the ee network.  Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Will BT sim work in phone locked to ee?

Hello @Tylerd yes an iPhone locked to the EE network will accept a BT SIM card. 🙂

13 REPLIES 13
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @Tylerd yes an iPhone locked to the EE network will accept a BT SIM card. 🙂

by Tylerd
Explorer

Thanks very much for the  quick reply. Sorry if this sounds cheeky, it's not meant to, but are you able to confirm that this is definitely correct. The reason I ask is that when the BT chat line told me yesterday that a BT sim would NOT work in a phone locked to ee I asked the girl to double check and a couple of minutes later  she came back to me and confirmed that it definitely would not work. I am trying to buy a used iphone and the ones which are locked to ee are a fair bit cheaper than the unlocked ones but I don't want to go ahead unless I can be sure that I won't have to go through the unlocking procedure. Thanks again

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Tylerd which model iPhone are you thinking of purchasing? 99.99% of the time an iPhone 4 or above locked to EE will accept a BT SIM card. An Orange locked iPhone 3GS or below may not but a T-Mobile locked iPhone 3GS and below should. All EE devices should accept an EE/T-Mobile/Orange & their MVNOs (Virgin/BT/Asda etc) SIM card. 🙂

by Tylerd
Explorer

Tom222, it's the iphone 6s plus

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Tylerd yes an iPhone 6S+ locked to the EE network will accept a BT SIM card. 🙂

by Tylerd
Explorer

Brilliant! Thanks very much for your help Smiley Very Happy

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @Tylerd come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tylerd: Here is 1 of the EE staff confirming the fact: https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android/just-joined-EE-need-to-use-new-sim-are-contacts-secure-when-I/... .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Tylerd
Explorer

Will do Smiley Happy

by Tylerd
Explorer

Really sorry Tom222, I wongly thought the  post from XraySpex was from you and clicked on the Solution button.I don't seem to be able now to do that for your reply but I have given you a star. Apologies again.

by Tylerd
Explorer

Thank you, XrayspeX

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

No problem @Tylerd I have marked the original post as intended for you. If it happens again in the future just tap the small cog icon at the bottom right of the post and select 'Not the Solution' to remove it. The option to choose whichever post you want should then reappear. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.