by Lesmcc Contributor
Contributor

Why is my iPhone still locked?

I thought that after 18 months in contract an iPhone was automatically unlocked from EE. 22 months into my 2 year contract and mine is locked still.

The online procedure to rectify this just does not work, I get to the end page and get an error message stating I need to try again.

4 times I’ve filled in the form....

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why is my iPhone still locked?

@Lesmcc   Clear your browser history and try again.   If you device has been unlocked you’ll need to put a different network SIM card in the device to perform the unlock and it’s best to use a o2 or vodaphone SIM card do not use a 3 SIM card as these don’t always work when performing the unlock.  EE will only unlock the iPhone after 18 months if you got the device from EE directly. 

by Lesmcc Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Chris, that was a speedy reply! I’ll try the form now, after clearing my history.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lesmcc  Make sure there are no spaces between the numbers when you fill out the form, as I’ve just tried this and you do get an error if you copy how the device displays the EMEI number exactly.  

by Lesmcc Contributor
Contributor

Chris, the site is saying my iPhone is locked and it will cost me 8.99 to unlock it. Above that, it states it would be unlocked automatically after 18 months.

The phone came from EE when my contract began in December 2016.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Lesmcc

Sorry to hear your iPhone is still unlocked and you're being advised you'll be charged £8.99. If you speak to customer service on 150 from your EE phone, they'll be able to submit your unlock request and remove the £8.99 charge. Smiley Happy

I hope this helps. Smiley Happy

by Lesmcc Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Cris, I’ll give them a bell 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lesmcc

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you tried another network SIM card in your iPhone?

Also, have you checked if your EE device is locked here

Leanne.

by Lesmcc Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne,

ive been through the EE pages where I input my IME no and it tells me the phone is locked. I haven’t put another sim in because I don’t have one.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lesmcc

Thanks for trying this and coming back to me.

In this case if you give us a call we can get this looked into for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.