by Alelondon Investigator
Investigator

Why I can't find a live chat option here?

I need to speak to someone about unlocking my phone. I have filled in the online form a few days ago and I received a text today saying that it wasn't possible to unlock it as I haven't registered correctly??? 

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Why I can't find a live chat option here?

Hello @Alelondon,

Welcome to the community,

I would suggest you take a look here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-your-device/Unlocking-your-EE-mobile-phone-or-device/td-p/59...

Unfortunately if you are not a pay monthly customer, then live chat is not available to you and if you want to speak to customer service, you will have to ring them.

Where did you get the phone from and how long have you had it? Was it new or secondhand?

Investigator

Thank you for your reply and link... I'm gonna check it out.

I'm a new and a pay as you go customer. I bought a brand new phone at Carphone Warehouse 5 days ago. Ive been with a different network for 5 years and I decided to move  to EE last weekend...to be honest I'm a bit disappointed.

I'm used to 4g internet and I'm getting only 3g on this phone + I'm afraid I won't be paying £0.25 to call customer services...it was free with my previous network. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alelondon: To unlock a phone not bought directly from EE you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks for your reply. I read on the website that it's free of charge to unlock pay as you go phones. Does the charge apply for pay as you go phones not bought directly from EE stores? 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Alelondon and welcome to the community.

Please do speak to our unlocking team as they will be able to look into the device and find out what can be done for yourself.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's only free for PAYG phones bought directly from EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.