iPhone X
    Order now
x
by jesschoww Investigator
Investigator

Where is my unlock code??

It has been over 14 days since I called EE to unlock my device. I was told I would receive my unlock code within 7-10 days via email. I've checked my inbox and spam folders daily but there is absolutely nothing. Considering that I am abroad for another month, I desperately need to use my phone for international sim. The call I made alone cost me £20 and yet I haven't even got the service that is easy to deliver. Please let me know where my unlock code is ASAP

13 REPLIES
Investigator

Re: Where is my unlock code??

It's been four hours and this has had a few views.. Except EE must be blind or illiterate as they haven't replied yet. Hello?? EE? Are you there?

by Profile closed
N/A

Hello @jesschoww sorry to hear you still have not received your unlock code yet. Due to this being a public user forum access to accounts is not allowed to check or fetch the code through here, please call customer service on +447953 966 250 from any phone who can look into this for you. 

If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also log in to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. Smiley Happy 

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @jesschoww

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

Sometimes there can be a delay on unlocking, is it an iPhone you've requested to be unlocked?

The Community is a peer to peer forum, we're here for additional support.

Is it a pay monthly or pay as you go device?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

Hello. No I do not have an iphone, you should know which phone model I have since I am registered with EE. Unfortunately your reply of a 'delay' is not satisfactory, it has been more than two weeks and I still haven't received an email with my unlock code. This is not a delay but actually no one has done it. I have already mentioned twice and will mention again that I cost me a huge amount of money adding an extra £20 to my monthly bill to call your customer service to request the unlock code. And yet..i haven't got it! Please refund my bill or advise me how to claim this money back. Why I should have to pay for no service at all is ridiculous and I will be taking legal action if I am not refunded or advised on how to do so.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jesschoww   Legal action against want ? I suggest you read the T&Cs.  No network is obliged or obligated to unlock any device and the network can refuse and you have agreed to this when you sign the contract as it's in the T&Cs.     

Issues do happen from time to time so stop thinking that it will not get unlocked and lets progress in a polite manner.  

Investigator

I suggest you get back to basics and understand what customer service is. I
am on a contract with ee. I called and paid to request a service which i
havent received. I have taken the time to inquire where this service is.
But again, no service has been given for that. I am.happy to call you Edev
personally though and explain to you in lay terms since your message
implies you clearly dont get it.
Investigator

Politeness runs out of patience, politeness should only be given to those who deserve. I have called the number provided by Tom as above, no answer or return call. Perhaps because I am calling from abroad. I have taken more action and effort to resolve this than any of the EE staff have. Please do not therefore patronise and blackmail me that this will be progressed if done in a polite manner. You have a job to do and it hasn't been done. I haven't asked for much except if my unlock code will be issued. And yet no one can simply answer this! Please feel free to provide me your number and I can personally and even maybe politely explain to you. Probably explian more than all of you combined.

by Profile closed
N/A

Hello @jesschoww if it helps many users are reporting being able to call EE customer service on 0800 956 6000 (options 2, 4) using Skype while abroad.

Unfortunately @Karen_C and all of the other community team staff on here do not know what phone you have or any details about you/your account because they are not allowed to access any EE accounts at all due to being on here. Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jesschoww  This is not customer services.  This is a peer to peer forum so being polite to other customers just might get you the help/advice you need.     Being polite to other uses will gets politeness back if you're not polite why should someone be polite back to you.    

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jesschoww  I have a job to do.   I  suggest you actually know when you're typing.   This is not customer services for a start.     I'm a customer just like you.  As this is a customer forum.   

by
EE Employee

Hello @jesschoww

As @Tom222 & @Chris_B have advised we don't have any account access on the Community so unfortunately I wouldn't know what device you have.

I did ask for some additional information on Saturday but you didn't reply with the information, I would need this to be able to help you further.

The people you're speaking to on the Community are customers just like you and are here to offer peer to peer support.

Please see the Etiquette and guidelines for the EE Community.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

My bad, I feel quite stupid. Please accept my apology for demanding an answer to my question. I hadn't realised this was a customer to customer place to help each other. I was told when I made my original call to an actual EE customer rep when requesting to unlock my phone that I could contact EE this way online, as I did not want to pay for phoning again. Blame ee for being incompetent money thieving company that consistently fails to provide a basic service. Don't be complacent that there will be delays because of perhaps the phone being iphone or that they are not obliged to provide an unlock code. Be assertive and stand up to your consumer rights, as a customer we are all paying for a service which we know isn't worth it. And now we all have to accept a 2.5% price hike. I appreciate all of you for helping each other when really it should be EE paid employees. You are all great.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jesschoww   I'll accept your apology 

But as for your consumer rights if this is regarding the unlocking of your device you are aware that you agreed to a contract and in the terms of conditions of the contract it does states that the network is not obliged to unlock your phone, A contract is a legal document that can be held up in a court of law.  

Consumer rights is one thing but legally agreeing to the terms and conditions of a contract is another

Anyway EE will unlock it that's not an issue.    

What device is it ? 

How long have you had it ?

did you get this from EE yourself?

you might of already answered these but if you could one more time that would be great. 

Thanks 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.