by IanRoss50 Investigator
Investigator

When will I get my unlock code?

I recently asked to have my old Samsung A5 unlocked. The email from the unlock team said I should hear something back in 72 hours but it is now 4 days. This us getting urgent niw as I need my phone for work and have been without service for 5 days.

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: When will I get my unlock code?

@IanRoss50  It can take up to 10 days and this is normal.  It’s not a  guarantee that it will be 72 hours. 

Investigator

I know it can take up to 10 days, but it would be great to be kept in the loop with estimated times it might take. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@IanRoss50  EE will inform you when it’s ready and not before as they can only say it’s being worked on.  And the estimated time is up to 10 days. and until that time has passed there is nothing to inform you about.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @IanRoss50

Welcome to the community.

It can take up to ten days to receive your unlock code ­– however sometimes it may take longer if we have to contact the manufacturer.

If you haven’t received your code within ten days and haven’t received a text saying we’re waiting for the codes from the manufacturer, please get in touch.

Thanks, Leanne.

Highlighted
Investigator

I will just have to be patient then ( which is difficult I know! ) Hopefully it will arrive in the next couple of days.

by

Hi there @IanRoss50

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Investigator

It us now day 11 after I asked for my unlock code. Any idea when it will arrive?

Investigator

Come on EE this is now getting ridiculous! Just been in touch with the help team who had no record of my unlock request even though I had received the email saying they had received it on the 31st July. Now I have to wait up to another 10 days.

by

Hi @IanRoss50,

I've sent you a private message.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.