by lukaszeus Investigator
Investigator

When I will receive my unlock code?

Hello. I have requested my unlock code 48 hours ago and still waiting. I am abroad right now and really need to unlock my phone so I could insert a local simcard. Does the fact I'm roaming now may affect delivery of the code?

Thank in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: When I will receive my unlock code?

Lee from support team has helped me and I've received the unlock code already thanks to him. Shame the automatic service wasn't so effective and I've waisted 3 days.

Anyway problem solved.

23 REPLIES 23
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

It can take up to 10 days.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lukaszeus

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

@BrendonH is right.

If we are ever unable to unlock a device due to software issues, we will contact you and refund the unlocking fee, if it has been charged. We will then direct you to the manufacturer.

It can take up to ten days to receive your unlock code ­– however sometimes it may take longer if we have to contact the manufacturer.

If you haven’t received your code within ten days and haven’t received a text saying we’re waiting for the codes from the manufacturer, please get in touch.

Thanks 

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Thanks for your message. 

It's been 72 hours now. The website says it usually takes this much time to unlock. If its longer I should receive the message saying so. But I haven't received anything!

Can the fact that I'm roaming I'm Egypt affect delivery of the message? 

by
EE Employee

Hi @lukaszeus

So I can try and assist, please may I know what type of phone it is that you have?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge 

by
EE Employee

Hi @lukaszues

Have you checked your email both inbox and junk to make sure the instructions haven't gone there?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Yes I have. I have not received any message or email whatsoever. Still waiting impatiently as I really need to put the local simcard in my phone. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @lukaszeus

I have sent you a private message to assist.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Yes, thanks. I've already replied .

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Have you tried putting a different sim in your s7 edge? Mine was unlocked within 48 but I wasn't notified by ee 

Investigator
Solution

Lee from support team has helped me and I've received the unlock code already thanks to him. Shame the automatic service wasn't so effective and I've waisted 3 days.

Anyway problem solved.

by

Pleased to here you are sorted @lukaszeus

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by JoeZ Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee,

i am having the exact same issue as lukaszeus except the phone is a samsung galaxy S5 and i am trying to unlock to o2 sim card.

i have recieved the confirmation email more than 72hrs ago stating that the unlock code will be sent to me via email or by sms to the contact number i gave, but nothing so far.

Please help

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JoeZ  It say you should have it with in 72 hours but it can take up to 10 days as per the request form. 

by

Morning @JoeZ

Welcome to the community.

As @Chris_B has advised, it can take up to ten days to receive your unlock code

If you haven’t received your code within ten days and haven’t received a text saying we’re waiting for the codes from the manufacturer, please get in touch.

Thanks, Leanne.

by JoeZ Investigator
Investigator

Thank you @Leanne_T and @Chris_B

Just to update you guys its been a week now and still no email with unlock code or sms to the number i provided.

I will wait till the allocated TEN day limit before i post again unless the issue is resolved before that.

Thank you again.

by

Hello there @JoeZ

Thanks for coming back to the community.

The unlock code can take up to 10 days.

If you have not received the code after this time, let me know and I will chase this for you.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@JoeZ have you tried a none EE sum card in the handset? Mine was unlocked within 2 days but no code was sent out to me. 

by JoeZ Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Leanne_T

After looking through my emails i have realised that the request to unlock my device was made on the 22/05/2018 and I recieved an email from the EE Unlock Team confirming receipt on the same date.

Today is the 2/06/2018 which would make it the eleventh day since i put through the request. The email from the EE Unlock Team stated getting my unlocking code and instructions on how to unlock my device by SMS or EMAIL will take upto ten days.

It is now over the stated period and i still have no unlocking code or instructions and my Samsung S5 remains locked to EE.

If you know what I should/can do from here or if you can help at all, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions