by bazelll
Visitor

What are Corporate Leagel terms of unlocking ex contract 500 units is it free?

Hi I have purchased 500 old Nokia’s, of a corporate customer, I purchased as locked to ee, I emailed ee to get them unlocked, as this was a contract of 2015, they said the corporate client must contact them direct, which they did, ee are happy to generate the codes but want £8.99 each, that’s well over 6k, I’m wondering what is the real truth on corporate after a contract is it free? Or only consumer and small business? Does corporate have special terms not to get code free end of contract? If any one could help please, 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What are Corporate Leagel terms of unlocking ex contract 500 units is it fre

Unlocking 2nd-hand phones costs £8.99 each & they are 2nd-hand in your hands.

However if the original owner were to apply themselves it would be free once the phones were out-of-contract. Did they try using the Unlocking your device form for each phone? It could be a long job but would save a lotta dosh.

All the above applies to personal custs. EE don't seem to publish rules for corporate custs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: What are Corporate Leagel terms of unlocking ex contract 500 units is it fre

Or you could sell them on as "Locked to the EE Network". You could sell them off in one batch, in many batches, individually or in a mix of these ways. Then it would be for the bulk or individual buyers to deal with the issue or else they could stay on EE. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX@bazelll Can not request business devices to be unlocked only the account holder can do this.  For some reason EE only allow personal devices to be requested to be unlocked by the 2nd hand purchaser.   All business devices have to be requested by the original account holder.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Posted in the open:

@bazelll wrote:

Hi, the original owner of the contract il has requested it and ee are twisting them around with unlocking not wanting to do it free, what is the true rules for corporate at the end of the contract??

@bazelll: I've already told you the rules corporate custs are not available.

I believe @Chris_B is already looking into this for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bazelll.

Rules can vary from Corporate account to Corporate account, depending on what was agreed in the contract.

There's generally a £7.49 charge (Ex-VAT) to unlock a device, whether in contract or not.

I'd recommend you ask someone who has access to that account to contact the Corporate team for a definitive answer.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.