by EmilyF
Explorer

Web chat but not got EE account. Need to unlock my phone from abroad, can’t call

I need to use WEB CHAT in order to talk to EE as I’m abroad so I can’t make any phone calls. I need to unlock my phone that I bought second hand. I’m on a virgin sim contract which works but they tell me my phone is still locked with EE even though they are not my sim contract provider. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Web chat but not got EE account. Need to unlock my phone from abroad, can’t

Hi @EmilyF

That is not an option for you. Please follow the second hand link in EE unlocking guide.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @EmilyF and welcome to the community.

You would need to follow the advice given above by @Northerner.

Does the SIM card work in the device when in the UK?

Many thanks,

Lee

by EmilyF
Explorer

My normal SIM card with virgin works in the UK. The new sim I’m trying to get working on my phone is an California SIM card (I’m currently in LA) it’s called VERSIZON. I’d like to get that one working on my phone because it will allow me to use unlimited data and calls. Looks like my phone is locked to EE, I bought this phone second hand off envirophone and my usual SIM card is with VIRGIN. I spoke to virgin and they said the phone is still locked with EE and in order to get it unlocked, I will need to call them. I can’t call them using my virgin SIM card because it will cost me a fortune, so I’m looking to web chat with them, but the EE website doesn’t look like it allows web chat unless I log in as a customer. I can’t log in because I’m not a customer, I have have a phone that needs unlocking, but as far as they are concerned, I’m not a customer because I don’t pay them for any mobile phone subscription / package

by
EE Employee

Hi @EmilyF

Could you try calling +44800 956 6000 via an app such as Skype?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) , via Skype, to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.