by 1a1n
Explorer

Want to skype customer service

Hi,

Purchased a EE mobile for the purpose of traveling the EU as was informedd I could unlock phone on completion of holiday and use back here in New Zealand. Have a MyEE acount yet cannot find a single link to contact EE for a live chat or skype to get the process started.

The online form is of no use as I do not have a UK residence thus cannot complete the process.

Help please?

Iain

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Want to skype customer service

@1a1n   It’s the online form or you will have to call customer services to request this. 

by 1a1n
Explorer

Thanks Chris.

Gonna cost an arm and a leg to call from NZ. Live chat from abroad should def be an option.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@1a1n  Unfortunately the unlocking term you need to speak with don’t use live chat.  ( to my knowledge) as these are not customer service agents. 

by 1a1n
Explorer

Do the unlocking team have a direct dial or will I be referred via customer service?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@1a1n  Customer services will put you though.

if it’s not an iPhone you can use any 3rd party to get this done,  have a look on eBay. 😉 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @1a1n

Thanks for coming here 🙂

In addition to the information given by @Chris_B

have you had a look at our Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device support articles?

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

To unlock an EE phone from abroad you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They may take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.