by xdburns Investigator
Investigator

Waiting over a month for unlock code

Hi, I have been waiting over a month for my unlock code - I have not recieved any email except an email confirming my request and informing me that it will take ten days. 

Please help!

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Waiting over a month for unlock code

How did you apply for it?

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by xdburns Investigator
Investigator

I filled out the online form to unlock the device.  It is my mothers phone and she bought it new from EE and has since upgraded to a new handset with EE.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @xdburns

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

All phones and devices purchased as part of an EE contract are locked to our network.

Have you taken a look at our How to unlock your EE pay monthly phone or device support article?

There is a set criteria for unlocking, does your mums phone fit the below?

Unlocking a pay monthly device

• You must have had the device on your contract for a minimum of 6 months.

• Have no outstanding balance on your account.

• The device must not be blacklisted (reported lost or stolen).

• If the contract for the device is now complete, the request will be free of charge.

• If you’re still within contract the cost will be £8.99.

• You’ll need the IMEI number of the device (you can enter *#06# on the device to get this).

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by xdburns Investigator
Investigator

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply, I have read the criteria and guides and believe that we meet the criteria for free unlocking.  The device was on a pay monthly contract and is older than six months, and my mother has now upgraded to a new handset on the same contract - i helped my mother fill in the online form before christmas and entered the imei number of the old handset so as not to unlock her new handset.  I then assumed that maybe there is a bit of a backlog at christmas so have waited a long time thinking that the code will arrive.  Is there a way for me to check the status of my request online? 

by

Hi @xdburns

There isn't I'm afraid, if you can give our unlocking team a call via customer services and we can help you further.

Cheers

Richard

🙂 

by xdburns Investigator
Investigator

Hi richard, I am unable to call customer services at the moment without a working phone!  I received the email thanking me for my unlock request, the email also said that ee would be in touch if the proccess was to take more than ten days but I have heard nothing.  If there was a problem with the application would EE get in touch to inform me?  I dont want to fill out the form again and wait if there is a problem with my request.

by

Hi @xdburns

Were you named on the account as someone with access?  

If not, then it would need to be your mum that calls.

I've dropped you a private message here to get some further information from you.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@xdburns  When you filled out the online form you did enter the number that was used in this device?   

by xdburns Investigator
Investigator

Hi chris,

Yes, I chose the option to unlock another handset (as my mum has a new handset), and entered the IMEI of the device we wish to unlock.

Thanks

by

Keep us posted how your mum gets on please @xdburns

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.