Highlighted
by Cha_lby Investigator
Investigator

Urgently

Hello, I bought a new phone in EE, but I have a big problem ! I need to return in France the next month (It was not in my plan) but my phone is locked for put my French SIM card. Can I unlock this phone ? Even if I need to pay 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Urgently

@Cha_lby once you reach July you can fill in the online form or you can contact customer services on 150.

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Cha_lby

Welcome to the EE Community,

EE will only unlock the phone once it gets to 6 months old.

You can use your allowances in the EU.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@David_C: I read it the OP meant it was not his original intention to return to France.

@Cha_lby: When did you buy it & from where?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Cha_lby Investigator
Investigator

Hello @XRaySpeX thank you for your help! How I can unlock the phone after six months ? Need I go to the shop ? Or call someone ? 

Hello @David_C, I bought this phone in January 2019 in EE shop. I knew it was lock but I didn’t know I needed to wait 6 months 😳

I just I need to return in France but I think I will come back but I don’t know when. 

I have an EE sim card so I will use this sim during 6 months, it’s okay I think I can wait! 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

@Cha_lby once you reach July you can fill in the online form or you can contact customer services on 150.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Once the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form and giving the mobile number that it originally came with.

Just to check, is your phone on contract or PAYG? If it's PAYG you can unlock it immediately for free.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Cha_lby Investigator
Investigator

@David_C

Perfect!!! Thank you very much for helping me!! 

Have nice evening 🤗

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Cha_lby your Welcome 👍

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.