by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unlocking your mobile phone or device – The EE quick guide

Hi @togusa44,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you an existing EE customer?

Are you the original owner of the phone?

Thanks

James

by
Investigator

Hi all,

I filled in the form and managed to start the process, however ive been chaged 8.99, im  a private customer and out of contract.

can anyone help?

by

Morning @j392116.

Thanks for coming to the community.

How long ago was the request placed?

If this was before the 29th September or is a business account  this would be charged.

Thanks Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Hi Leanne,

I filled out the request yesterday understanding it should be free but the fee was shown on the unlock confirmation screen. 

Im a personal customer and out of contract waiting for the 7 plus to be in stock *fingers crossed*

by

[ Edited ]

Morning @j392116

Thanks for coming back to me.

When the unlock is processed the contract dates do get checked and no charge will be applied.

This is as long as you are out of contract and not on a business account Smiley Happy

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Yes it does thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

by
Visitor

I need to get my iphone 6s unlocked I have been told by EE I cnnot do this as the phone is only two months old. I had to replace my iphone 6 as I dropped it in water. I have been with EE for over 5 years and need to get this phone unlocked. Please can someone help me

by
Az1 Investigator
Investigator

Dear All,

I AM LOST !!!

Please i need your help with unlocking my device but EE customer service is not giving me the best support !!

Please allow me to explain my situation. So here is comes:

1- My uncle bought me an iPhone 7 from Carphone warehouse in the UK.(he requested a sim free device)

2- my uncle shipped the sealed phone to Egypt where im now.

3- when i tried to activate my device using an egyptian sim card, it shows this message " SIM CARD IS NOT SUPPORTED".

4- i managed to get an UK sim card ( EE sim ) from a relative, the phone got activated and worked normally while "Orange" was written on the carrier part on the upper left!

5- i assumed that the device is locked to EE network so i managed to contact Apple and they gave me EE customer service number.

6- Contacted EE customer service on the 30th of december 2016 where i provided them the IMEI of the device and they advised that they can unlock my device for 8.99 pounds but they requested me to send the receipt of the phone purchase to this email address "emt.escalations@ee.co.uk" to proceed with my request.

7- till now i have called EE customer service more than 7 times and yet i didnt receive any reply or instructions!!

8- im totally lost and about to ship the phone back to the UK!!

PLEASE HELP!!

by

Hi @Az1,

I have responded to your private message.

Thanks

James

by
Explorer

Could one of the staff members please advise.

I have a recently terminated EE pay monthly contract, with no outstanding balance.

I requested the unlock of my iphone 6, which I am no longer using. 

I have received a text stating the unlock request had failed and I need to ask the account holder to submit a request. I am, and always have been, the account holder.

My number has now been ported to another network so I provided the IMEI on my request.

Thanks

Lee

by
Grand Master

@negativeone  Did you get this device yourself from EE or have you ever had the device replaced via insurance or via Apple?  

by
Explorer

Hi Chris

Yes, I did have an insurance claim last year in which the device was replaced. The original was from EE>

by

Hi @negativeone,

It sounds like your replacement phone isn't registered to your account.

Please get in touch with customer service and ask to speak to the unlocking team.

They'll get the phone unlocked as quickly as possible for you.

Thanks

James

by
Investigator

Help, I recently up graded/down graded to an iphoneSE from my Samsung S6. I now wish to give my Samsung to my Grandson but first of all I need it unlocking. On the EE online unlocking form it first of all asks for my mobile number....fine. Then it asks for the number of the phone I wish to unlock....but of course that was the same mobile number as my current iphone. What exactly do I put in that box, tried entering the same mobile number but of course when I am the asked to identify the handset I wish to unlock, all it comes up with is the iphon, not the Samsung.

by

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the Community @Ianrally

If you are experiencing issues with the unlock form, please do give the unlocking team a call and they will be able to assist.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

Thanks for the welcome Lee.

Here is a sequence of events today:

Called customer services. very helpful and the man took details of the phone and said he would then put me through to the unlocking team

He was unable to do it due to the fact that the unlocking team had stopped accepting calls because of a large backlog.

The man very kindly sent me a ling to the online form, the problems with which I have already stated.

Its a bit like a merry go round

by

Hi @Ianrally

This is indeed very strange.

The unlocking team are open again from 8am tomorrow as they shut at 5pm today.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Grand Master

@Ianrally: If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it used to have. It will first show your current phone on that number & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Grand Master

@Ianrally  Just below where it shows the iPhone SE there is the option to select "this is not the device I want to unlock". Click that and you need to manually enter the IMEI number of the device you want to unlock.  On the s6 dial keypad key in *#06#. And then enter this number in the field that is now given you the option to manually enter the IMEI number.   Fill in all other details and your phone number even if your that number is being used in the new device.  

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Many thanks guys for the info. Done it this morning and went through fine. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.