by modislaszlo
Explorer

Unlocking second hand phone

Hello,

Recently I purchased a second hand Google Pixel which is locked in EE. I asked a friend from UK(I'm from other contry) to call costumer support for unlocking(as stated on the website) but the costumer support said that I will need to know when was the phone purchased from EE.

How am I supposed to know this information? And more importantly why there is no information about this on forums and EE website? If I would have known that I need this information I would have reconsidired purchasing the phone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Unlocking second hand phone

@modislaszlo   They ( customer services) don't need any information about the first owner and you can not have it because of data protection.   You need to call yourself and you can call from a landline

+44 (0) 7953 966 250

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@modislaszlo   You need to call customer services yourself to request this 

it will cost you £8.99 and take up to 10 days to process.   

EE will only unlock that device if it has passed 6 months since it was sold.   

you don't need to know anything about the  original purchaser of this device.    

by modislaszlo
Explorer

@Chris_B thank you for your response. I cannot call the costumer support myself because I'm not living in UK and don't have an UK sim(I can't pay the fee like that). 

@Chris_B wrote:

you don't need to know anything about the  original purchaser of this device.    

Why did the costumor support ask for this info? The thing is I'm not sure if the 6 months passed already and I was expecting the costumer support will tell us if the unlock is not possible yet and I have to wait X months/weeks/days

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@modislaszlo   They ( customer services) don't need any information about the first owner and you can not have it because of data protection.   You need to call yourself and you can call from a landline

+44 (0) 7953 966 250

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.