by Asyabegum
Explorer

Unlocking progress of iphone

Hi,

I am planning to sell my phone to someone however, would like to unlock it beforehand. I have a second hand iPhone 7 Plus that is pay as you go. I filled in an online unlock form however, later realised that this cannot be done successfully as it is second hand. I did the online request form last week and today phoned customer services. I believe they were able to register my phone and then advised me to either complete the online form again or they can do it for me with my bank card.

Since I did not have my card on me, I filled in the online unlock form again. I got a confirmation email saying they received my request and it would take 72 hours. Is there any way that I can check the progress of the form? Is 72 hours the minimum time as I     would like to sell the phone at the end of this week as I am going on holiday? 

Sorry for all all the questions 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Unlocking progress of iphone

@Asyabegum  You can not use the online form at all and you shouldn’t of been told that. ( sorry) you need to call to request it to be unlocked,  they’ll take payment via a credit/debit card and it should be done within 72 hours but can take up to 10 days.  

If you use the online form it will allow you to make the request but ultimately the unlock will not happen as you need to phone to request this with 2nd hand devices and it’s the only way for 2nd hand devices. 

There is no way to check the progress of a unlock request it is just a case of waiting.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Asyabegum  You can not use the online form at all and you shouldn’t of been told that. ( sorry) you need to call to request it to be unlocked,  they’ll take payment via a credit/debit card and it should be done within 72 hours but can take up to 10 days.  

If you use the online form it will allow you to make the request but ultimately the unlock will not happen as you need to phone to request this with 2nd hand devices and it’s the only way for 2nd hand devices. 

There is no way to check the progress of a unlock request it is just a case of waiting.

by Asyabegum
Explorer

Thank You!

i just phoned in and they were able to take my card details over the phone. I’ve just been sent a text with the authorisation code and been told it would take 48 hours.

Thanks again, you saved me a lot of time 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.