by Zypher Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking phone

Due to ee not accepting a discount t code when I am trying to upgrade (it will accept it if I do a new order).

i have option but to cancel and move elsewhere.  My account says my  contract runs to 15st Sept. Do I have to wait till after the 15th to request the unblock code or can I request it before then without being charged.

It's a shame as otherwise I would upgrade with EE as was quite happy to stay. It's just poor customer service.

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking phone

You may unlock your phone any time after it's 6 months old.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Zypher Investigator
Investigator

When I went on the page to request unlocking it said you will be charged if within contract.

However I dont know if I can request unlocking in the final month free or if I have to wait till after the 15th Sept to request it. Ie have to pay for 1 month out of contract.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, that's right. You asked when not how much. It'll only be free once you have passed the contract term even if you have cancelled by then. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zypher

Thanks for coming here.

What was the discount code for?

If you’re still within contract the cost will be £8.99 to unlock your device,

Leanne 🙂

by Zypher Investigator
Investigator

The discount code was 20% off. I currently have it with my current contract too.

It's annoying as would let me use it to start a new contract but not upgrade. It's the last month my work is offering the code too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Zypher   Is that discount code for an upgrade or just a new contract?  your better off asking your HR at work about that. 

by

Hi there @Zypher

Is this an EE Perk discount that you have?

Are you trying to add the discount to a plan that is already discounted on the online shop?

Leanne 🙂

by Zypher Investigator
Investigator

It's a code though edenred the civil service discount  provider.

Here are 2 screenshots with the same code taken from the edenred portal.

20190809_170642.jpg

The first being when upgrading. The second being ordering without logging in.

Why would EE rather I cancel my contract and sign up as a new contract than resign a 24 month contract as a upgrade. Both results would be the same but one is alot more hassle.

20190809_170608.jpg

by Zypher Investigator
Investigator

Humm wont let me post the screenshots

by

Thanks for coming back to me @Zypher

What plan and phone are you selecting?

Have you spoken to our Mobile Care team about this?

Leanne.

by Zypher Investigator
Investigator

Sent you a PM lianne

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.