by Brian16 Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking phone

I'm trying to unlock my ee Samsung s8 phone and when I complete the online form I get a message after 3 days saying we are unable to unlock your phone as you haven't correctly registered. It dont say what bit is wrong so dont know what to do

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking phone

@Brian16  Is the phone 2nd hand ? If it is you’ll need to call to request the unlock and it will cost you £8.99

a phone can only be registered correctly by getting it directly from EE yourself. 

by Brian16 Investigator
Investigator

Do I have to call up or can I go into a ee store and get it unlocked

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Brian16.

To get this looked at I'd recommend contacting our Mobile Care team.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Brian16  You need to call as mentioned by @Jon_K and you need to pay the unlocked fee via a UK credit/debit card. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions