Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking my phone

Hi

went onto EE chat to unlock my phone the code they gave me would not unlock it am I doing anything wrong.  Is a operator code different from puk code.

Sorry phone is Dora 612 wanting to move to vodaphone 

Thanks in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Unlocking my phone

Yes a PUK coe is when you lock your sim.

You won't get an unlock code straight away from chat.

Please CLICK HERE to review the current unlocking process.

This guide will tell you everything regardless if you have bought it brand new from EE or second hand off sites like eBay or a friend.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.1)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Yes a PUK coe is when you lock your sim.

You won't get an unlock code straight away from chat.

This guide will tell you everything regardless if you have bought it brand new from EE or second hand off sites like eBay or a friend.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Where did you get this device originally? Did you buy it yourself new direct from EE or from a reseller or is it 2nd-hand? The unlocking process & costs are different. Was it on contract or PAYG? How old is it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

It is a about 8 years old and I got it from a EE shop

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with. It will first show your new current phone on that number, if any, & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

The phone is pay as you go we spoke to someone on chat who gave us a code but it would not unlock the phone

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Was it originally purchased as PAYG?

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The guy on chat gave you a PUK code.

To get an unlock code it takes 3 working days and you may need to pay £8.99

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Yes it has always been PAYG

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Were do I get the unlock code from

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Click the link above it tells you how.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the PAYG option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

What happens if I don’t know the original number 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It might ask for its IMEI which you see by dialling *#06#  .

Didn't you keep the same no. all this time?

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

No I used to be with Nokia and I transferred my number from orange then to EE

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Mez1995

If you do not know the original number, please give us a call so our customer care team can help you process this. 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.