by Minicallum9 Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking my phone

Hi there I’ve moved to New Zealand, before I came I paid my contract off and they said they would unlock my phone but it hasn’t been, my IMEI number won’t match my account for some reason?

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unlocking my phone

Hi there @Minicallum9

Thanks for coming to the community.

Where did you originally purchase the phone?

Also, when did you request the phone to be unlocked?

Leanne.

Investigator

I bought the phone from EE around a year ago I was on contract and I requested it to be unlocked on the 29th September

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with. It will first show your new current phone on that number, if any, & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi there @Minicallum9

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you give us a call on +44 (0) 800 956 6000 our unlocking team will be able to get this looked into for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

Investigator

I’ve done this but my IMEI number doesn’t match my account

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @Minicallum9

Thanks for coming back to us.

Have you spoken to our unlocking team to get this looked into?

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.