by Dentwa
Explorer

Unlocking my phone while abroad

I have asked to get my phone unlocked today as I'm going abroad in 2 days ,but on the website it says that this can take up to 10 days and for apple ( i have iPhone 5s) the unlocking instructions are sent via text message, so I was

wondering if I will still receive the text while abroad as I will be gone for over a month and would like to use the SIM card from that country?

Thanks, Denis. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Unlocking my phone while abroad

A text can be received by your phone wherever it is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

A text can be received by your phone wherever it is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Dentwa

Thanks for posting.

You will need to have Roaming activated if you are on pay monthly with us to receive the text message. 

If you have a pay as you go account this will be set up for you.

Thanks.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Leanne_T wrote:

You will need to have Roaming activated if you are on pay monthly with us to receive the text message. 

You sure about that? I see many reports of can't make or receive calls or send texts while roaming, yet do receive texts. As there is no cost for receiving normal texts there is no risk of overspending.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @XRaySpeX

If you have the international bar still on the account you can receive texts but not send.

If the Roaming is not activated you will have no service.

You need both active to have full service 🙂

by Dentwa
Explorer

Does turning on roaming cost anything ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, it's free but you may have lay out a refundable deposit if your credit rating isn't tip-top.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Dentwa

As @XRaySpeX advised you may be required to pay a deposit to get Roaming activated on your account.

If you give customer services a call they'll be able to check this for you.

Pop back if you need anything else at all.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.