by Sledziu
Explorer

Unlocking my iphone

Hi, I've tried several times to unlock my iPhone by normal procedure-by sending an online request.

im on payg account.it is registered. Phone wasnt mark as Lost or stolen.

After waiting few days I have got a text  that you cant Help me because my acxount isnt corectly registered.. come on.

Meantime i was at your store and your stuff managed to request it for me. I need to wiat for e-mail. 

Now i dont know If i get this text as an  answer for my online request or your stuff. They didnt find anything wrong with my account So.. 

and dont tel me to Call you- i dont want to Spending even one single penny for your poor customer service.

im leaving uk and i need to use my phone corectly.

Please can another Help me, is that realny that hard to unlock one phone...

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking my iphone

Hi,  

EE unlocking guide is here.

You are best calling EE to discuss this issue. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sledziu: You may have a PAYG SIM in the phone, but the phone itself, did you buy it new direct from EE? If not, that is the usual reason the phone, not the SIM, is not registered to you but the original owner. It is the phone, not the SIM, that needs unlocking. This can be done but not by the online form. I await your reply to see if this is the case.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Sledziu
Explorer

@XRaySpeXI have it from The caerohone waerhouse. They didnt tell me that it will lock to The first  network I'll put sim into it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

They tell you that in their T&Cs & on their website:

iPhone is unlocked when you buy it SIM free but Apple's software means it locks to the first network you use it with. 

You should still be able to unlock it using the EE form as it is not 2nd-hand, but if that doesn't wotk you need to call Customer Services to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. Use the landlines numbers in my sig. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Sledziu
Explorer

@XRaySpeX

If everything is ok then What The problem? I did The form  few times and even went to ee store and They said it will be done in a week(mabye it will)

What customer service can do By Call What u cant do Here ? i dont get it.

i just simply dont want to waste any more money for your network because Its allways a waste as i never get my problem solved 😞

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sledziu,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

If you purchased the phone without an EE SIM, it won't be linked to your account.

Please get in touch with customer service and our unlocking team will be happy to help.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sledziu wrote:

What customer service can do By Call What u cant do Here ?

Plenty! Are you aware that is just a user discussion forum, not a branch of CS, and cannot have access to your specific a/c? We can advise you but are unable to fix issues in EE's systems. That what CS are there for.

I've already advised you what you can do to progress your unlocking.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.