by EsmelechatX Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking mifi device

Hi. I have a EE 4GEE WiFi Mini. I thought this could be unlocked so a different data SIM card could be inserted e.g. French Telecoms' as roaming data is limited ?  How do I do this?  Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Unlocking mifi device

@EsmelechatX  yes it can be unlocked it would be a lot easier if you call customer services to do this though.  

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@EsmelechatX  yes it can be unlocked it would be a lot easier if you call customer services to do this though.  

Investigator

Hi Chris_B. I tried calling first and they simply said it was locked to EE and could not be unlocked. Not bring one to accept the first answer ...., I thought I'd try a different route!  Other than calling back are there any other ways?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@EsmelechatX   It most definitely can be unlocked and if EE are saying it can not be done then perhaps they can not do it but it can be done. 

I hope THIS helps.  😉 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

It's often quicker and usually cheaper to just buy an unlock off eBay for mifi devices.

Investigator

Hi.  Do you mean an entirely new/used, but unlicked device?  Or is there a way of buying the unlock method on ebay?  Sorry to sound unsure!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@EsmelechatX  You can use the link I've provide to go to a eBay seller that performs unlocks for these devices.   

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form giving the mobile number that it used to have.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.