by Flindell
Visitor

Unlocking iphone with no SIM - How can I complete actions/confirm?

This past week I upgraded within EE from an iPhone 6s to an iPhone 7. I ordered over the phone and was advised to replace my exsisting SIM card into the new phone. I completed an unlock request form this afternoon to request EE unlock my original iphone 6s. As my current SIM in being used in the new phone I wanted to check how I would go about carrying out the instructions that I'm waiting on or actually testing the phone to see if it has been sucessful? The phone is out of contract as an upgrade and I'm looking to sell. Will I simply have to keep swapping the SIM over in order to use the phone when required?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Unlocking iphone with no SIM - How can I complete actions/confirm?

Hello @Flindell you do not need to keep your EE SIM card in the device for it to be unlocked. EE will contact you when the device has been unlocked and you need a SIM card from a network other than EE, T-Mobile, Orange or any of their MVNOs to complete the unlock. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @Flindell you do not need to keep your EE SIM card in the device for it to be unlocked. EE will contact you when the device has been unlocked and you need a SIM card from a network other than EE, T-Mobile, Orange or any of their MVNOs to complete the unlock. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Flindell  Any text message will go to your new device and a SIM card doesn’t need to be in the old device at all.  To complete the unlock with a iPhone you will need to put a different network SIM card in the device, O2 or Vodafone are best for this.  You can get one from a supermarket for a £1. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.