by pegwill Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking iphone 5s

Hi I have been given my sons old iphone 5. However it is locked to EE. I followed the adive registered it as pay as yo go in my name - no problem - topped it up with £10 no problem.

Went to the unlock application form - it asked for my credit card details entered them again - not sure if there was going to be a charge it did not say. Move on to  the next screen where it asks for a mobile number to send a text. This where the problem started. I live in Cyprus and therefore when I entered the mobile number I had to prefix it with +357 and then the number - the space provided did not allow for the full mobile number to be entered. I left no spaces between the +357 and the first digit of the mobile number or anywhere in between. Therefore I could not complete the application. Any ideas?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Unlocking iphone 5s

Get your son to do the unlock it. If that contract had finished or he upgraded it will be free for him I believe.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by pegwill Investigator
Investigator

Hi unfortunatly this is no longer an option.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pegwill,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please get in touch with customer services and our unlocking team will be happy to help.

Thanks

James

by pegwill Investigator
Investigator

Hi @James_B

Thanks for the info - I did try but all lines are busy so I will have to ring back. As I'm ringing from Cyprus I checked the roaming charges - and it said that 7953 966 250 was free however the automated message said I would be charged 25p for the call.

Just though you would like to know.

Regards

by
EE Community Support Team

No problem @pegwill

Thanks for your feedback.

- James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.