by T-aiwob95
Explorer

Unlocking iPhone

Do you top up straight away after requesting to unlock iPhone 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking iPhone

@T-aiwob95: You don't need to top-up anything as EE unlocks PAYG phones for free.

Did you buy that iPhone on or after 1 November 2015?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by T-aiwob95
Explorer

I recently registered the phone like 2 to 3 months ago

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@T-aiwob95  EE will unlock a payg phone for free and as soon as you get it. EE will unlock it for free if you got the device yourself from EE  and you are using the number/SIM card that came with the device at the time.

if you didn’t get it yourself from EE you have to pay to get it unlocked (£8.99). The only issue you might have is if the device was someone else contact device and 6 months haven’t passed since the device was purchased from EE.    EE will only unlock a contract device 6 months after it was purchased.    

If you have to pay to get the device unlocked you have to call customer services todo this and you have to pay via credit/debt card.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @T-aiwob95,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

I can see you have had some great advice already, if you need any further information you should be able to find it in our unlocking guide.

Hope this helps.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.