by Scoobydoo1
Explorer

Unlocking iPhone 6s

Have bought 2nd hand iPhone 6s for daughter, locked to EE, been to a shop to get unlocked been charged£60 - still waiting 2 weeks later, the guy says it’s still pending. Cost more than normal as the phone is only 2 months old. Am I waiting in vain?? How long could it take. Am thinking will be easier to get my money back and get an EE sim 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking iPhone 6s

Hi @Scoobydoo1

As per EE unlocking guide it will cost you 8.99 and take up to 10 days. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Scoobydoo1  What shop did you go to as it wasn’t a EE store and that request has nothing to do with EE.

Go request your money back as your being robbed.  Please read the link provided by @Northerner as it explains how to request to get the device unlocked via EE if it’s eligible to be unlocked. 

by Scoobydoo1
Explorer

No it wasn’t ee, from what I have read on here ee won’t unlock it til the phones 6 months old - looks like my only option is to get money back and get an ee sim

Sent from Susan's iphone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Scoobydoo1  And the store you went to is asking EE to unlock it.  As only a network can go to apple to request it to be unlocked,  the store is stalling you until the 6 month period.  Under the sales of goods act your fully  entitled to a refund as the store can not fulfil its side of the contract that you entered to get this device unlocked.

Apple hold the network keys to all iDevices and it’s actually Apple who control the lock status of all iPhones. But you can not ask apple to unlock the device is has to be a network.  There is no way around this and whatever your told by a shop.  Only a network can officially ask apple and any other way could see the device lock back to the original network that the device was locked to when you update the software on the device.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.