by kec123
Explorer

Unlocking iPhone 6s

Hi

I purchased a brand new iPhone 6s from Carphone warehouse some time early last year(so I have had the device longer that 6 months). It was brand new and not second hand. The fact this phone is not the device that is used it registered on my EE account when I log in.

I requested for the phone to be unlocked and it is saying that the IEMI number does not match but I am confused that it is not registering as it was brand new at purchase and It is acknoledged this is the used phone and when I got the old unlocked device that was recieved at purchase it would not unlocked that one as again it was saying iEMI number did not match even though it did. 

This is very frustrating and I need this phone unlocked as soon as possible 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking iPhone 6s

To unlock a phone not purchased direct from EE & therefore not registered to EE you need to call Customer Services to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. Use the landlines numbers in my sig. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by kec123
Explorer

okay thanks for you help. I still have my exisiting contract with them so would be be able to be added onto my bill? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@kec123  You will need to ask when you call.  But I very much doubt it as the device is not part of your contract.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.