by GNetic
Explorer

Unlocking iPhone 5c from the EE network?

Hi all,

Can somebody help in directing me to  unlock an iPhone 5c from the EE network to either a link or support? I’m in Australia and purchased to phone here from a friend I’m no longer in contact with.. the phone was damaged at the time but now I’ve repaired. Support has told me to restore the phone via iTunes and should fix the issue but the phone still tells me that I need to have an EE sim to activate. I’m willing to pay the £8.99 to free it from the network.

please help. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking iPhone 5c from the EE network?

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by GNetic
Explorer

Thanks for your reply XRaySpex

The Problem it that I’m not and EE customer nor have an UK band card. 

The phone is neither blacklist or stolen. The IMEI is clean as below

Telephone Technical Support: Expired
Repairs & Service Coverage: Expired
Estimated Purchase Date: November 16, 2013
Contract: Expired
Country Purchased: United Kingdom

Is there a way I could email them?

if not I’ll have to you a 3rd party to release it for the network. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE has no email contact for mobile users.

If you can't pay by UK card you can't get it unlocked but it's worth giving them a ring to see if they have any alternative. Please let me know if they do,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GNetic

Welcome to the community.

I recommend following @XRaySpeX's advice.

Do you have any friends or family members with a UK card?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions