Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking device- ex EE customer

Hi, my EE pay monthly contract ended on 14 May 2020. In order to unlock my EE Nokia 5 phone, the online form asks ex-EE customers to call an 0800 number. I just did, but the person on the phone says the EE unlocking team was closed 6weeks ago, so no one able to assist.  Can EE/anyone help pls?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Unlocking device- ex EE customer

Hi @Km8 

Welcome to the EE Community,

If you call 0800 317 720 a customer service advisor will be able to assist you as EE are still unlocking devices.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi @Km8 

Welcome to the EE Community,

If you call 0800 317 720 a customer service advisor will be able to assist you as EE are still unlocking devices.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi David,

Many thanks for the info. I just called the number in your post, and the EE staff took my details and phone info and said it's been passed on, and to expect some help hopefully tomorrow. So fingers crossed. Will keep posted.

Thanks. 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi, just to update. EE unlocked my Nokia phone, so many thanks for the helpful info.

Cheers.

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Km8 thanks for the update if you need any further help in the future visit us here on the community 🙂

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Why was Km8 told that the team was closed, and nobody was able to assist him? In other words, he'd reached a dead end regarding his phone being unlocked.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Km8

I am glad to hear you have had your phone unlocked 🙂

@Giant_Slayer, @Km8 has had the phone unlocked after calling, do you have a device you would like to get unlocked?

Thanks.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

What I would like is an answer to my question, which is:

Why was Km8 told that the team was closed, and nobody was able to assist him? In other words, he'd reached a dead end regarding his phone being unlocked.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Giant_Slayer : Cuz a lotta them are working from home & aren't always available.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by

Hi @Giant_Slayer 

When @Km8 called us after posting on the community and had the device successfully unlocked, any incorrect information given on the first call would have been fed back to the agent.

If you would like any help with an unlocking request, please let me know.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

I would prefer to reconnect my phone, but failing that (if you don't want my business) then maybe you could unlock it.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

GS

Highlighted
by

Hi @Giant_Slayer

Thanks for coming back to me.

I will certainly see what I can do to help with your account.

Are you with us on pay as you go or pay monthly?

If you have a pay monthly account, do you have an outstanding balance?

Thanks.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

I'm on payg, and I've had the phone about five years.

I use it as back up, and I was told sending a text would keep it active.

Regards,

GS

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Giant_Slayer : Where did you get this device originally? Did you buy it yourself new direct from EE or from a 3rd-party reseller or is it 2nd-hand? The unlocking process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I bought it from Asda, and would prefer reconnection to unlocking

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Giant_Slayer : If you want to reconnect it, just get yourself a PAYG SIM.

Highlighted
by

Hi @Giant_Slayer,

Depending on how long your SIM has been out of use for, you may be able to reactivate your account.

Please see What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it? for more information.

If it's too late to reactivate your account, you can order a free SIM at shop.ee.co.uk/price-plans/free-sim.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by

Hi,

I have been trying for weeks to get a phone I bought second hand unlocked but been greeted with the department is closed?  Please help!

Regards

Pete

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hobbsey69 : To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

You appear to favour EE in your posts XRaySpeX.

Do you wish to declare an interest, or are you simply an objective contributor wishing to assist his fellow man?

If so, you could point out that there are cheaper alternatives to the EE solution.

(Please excuse the assumption about your gender.)

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions