by Rector
Explorer

Unlocking code

I have been trying unsuccessfully since December to get the unlocking code from EE.  The contract finished in February but I agreed to pay the extra £8.99 to get this as the person employee using the phone was moving abroad and would need to contact with a new supplier.  We have had nothing except the PAC code once.  They have been told it is the unlocking code not the PAC code and they seem unable to supply this.  In the meantime they are charging me nearly £40 a month for a phone that cannot be used.  Any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Unlocking code

Hi @Rector,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

I've sent you a private message to get some details so I can chase this up for you.

If you have taken a PAC code, but are not transferring the number to another network, you will need to contact customer services to arrange cancelling the contract.

Thanks

James

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Rector yes you need a NUC (unlocking) code not a PAC code that is used to port numbers between networks. Here is a link containing everything you need to know on unlocking your device through EE. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-devices-and-PAC-codes/Unlocking-your-mobile-phone-or-device-...

by Rector
Explorer

Re: Unlocking your mobile phone or device – The EE quick guide

Thanks, but we have tried all you suggest and nothing happens.  Our contract ended in February but I am still be charged nearly £40 per month in spite of telling EE that this phone was no longer in use and we did not wish to continue as the employee to whom we gave the phone to now works in New Zealand.

Even the person who signed the contract, a very busy most senior person, has spoken several times to EE but they do not understand or do not want to understand and just want to get our £40 per month.

by
Solution

Hi @Rector,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

I've sent you a private message to get some details so I can chase this up for you.

If you have taken a PAC code, but are not transferring the number to another network, you will need to contact customer services to arrange cancelling the contract.

Thanks

James

by LilGig
Explorer

I am having a similar problem - please message me too! I paid the money and need the unlocking code urgently

by

Hello there @LilGig.

Thanks for coming here.

What device did you request to be unlocked?

Also when did you apply for this?

Thanks. Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions