by nikkiw1
Visitor

Unlocking an iPhone under EE

I recently switched provider to 3 from EE. I have a new sim, retrieved the PAC code and now my new 3 sim is not supported as apparently I have to unlock my phone to EE. Therefore currently I have no usable phone unless I'm on Wifi. 

Trying to speak with someone at EEhas been impossible to achieve.

i completed an online unlocking form which told me it can take up to ten days!!

Why is it such a faff? Is there anyway I can speed up the ten days?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking an iPhone under EE

@nikkiw1: No, that's about how long it takes. EE have to liaise with Apple to update their database.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nikkiw1   It takes UP TO 10 days that doesn’t mean it will take 10 days. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nikkiw1

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Thank you for completing the online form, the unlocking team will work hard to complete the request as soon as possible.

As @Chris_B said, this can take up to 10 days, but, doesn't necessarily mean that it will take that long.

The unlocking team will contact you as soon as the unlock is completed.

If you have not heard from them after 10 days, please let us know and we can then chase it up for you.

Thanks for your patience.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.