by LeeJPM

Unlocking an EE Huwawei dongle

I have a Huwawei dongle locked to EE that I bought a couple of years ago.  I'd like to unlock this for use on another network.

I have tried submitting a request through the EE website and was told I would receive an unlock code within 7 days but this has not happened.

What do I need to do to solve this?

3 REPLIES 3
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: Unlocking an EE Huwawei dongle

It might be taking a bit longer than usual as if EE need to contact Huawei, Chinese New year may have slowed down communication.

However, did you buy the dongle on PAYG? Chances are the account may not be fully registered, and EE require further information to process the unlock. I would give CS a call on 08009566000 if you're no longer an existing customer.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LeeJPM.

Welcome to the community 🙂

I'd agree with @Colourzen.

I too would recommend contacting our customer care team so they can have a look at the progress of the unlocking request.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@LeeJPM wrote:

I have a Huwawei dongle locked to EE that I bought a couple of years ago.

Whom did you buy it from? Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.