by JS2910 Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking an EE Harrier Phone

Hi

I'm new to this Community.

My daughter who lives 200 miles away from me has a phone contract with EE.

She has a new phone and has given me her old EE Harrier phone but it doesn't have a Sim in it so I can't get to the IMEI number.

How do I check if it is locked or unlocked.  Will I have to buy a new EE Sim card.  The Sim in my old blackberry doesn't fit the Harrier.

Any help appreciated.

JS2910

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Unlocking an EE Harrier Phone

You dont need a sim in the device to get the IMEI.

Dial *#06#

Or

Go to about phone. And itll be in there.

The phone will be locked to EE if you get your daughter to request it. It should be free. If you request it, it will cost £8.99

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

You dont need a sim in the device to get the IMEI.

Dial *#06#

Or

Go to about phone. And itll be in there.

The phone will be locked to EE if you get your daughter to request it. It should be free. If you request it, it will cost £8.99

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

1. If the device had been on her contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, she can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with. It will first show her new current phone on that number, if any, & ask whether that is the device she wants to unlock? If not, she will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. It'll be free for her.
  2. If you want to get it unlocked yourself you will need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JS2910 Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

Thanks for your helpful response.

Just one more thing.

If I go through the unlock procedure myself (for £8.99) will I need a Sim in the phone to process the unlock code when I get it?

JS2910

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, the phone doesn't need a SIM to get it unlocked. All you need is the IMEI gotten by just dialling *#06# from the keypad.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JS2910   Ask your daughter to request the unlock as it would be free for her.    There is no need to pay for the unlock and you should of been told from the start.  

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Chris_B I did say that in my post 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by JS2910 Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I have now got an unlocking code from the EE unlocking team but they have confirmed that I need to insert a non EE Sim card into the Harrier phone to enable the unlocking process to work.  I currently don't have a Sim and haven't set up a Sim only contract yet.

Can you clarify because you said previously that I didn't need a Sim to unlock the phone

Thanks.

JS2910

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Just get a PAYG sim from a supermarket.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions