Highlighted
by
Explorer

Unlocking a previous device to give to another user

In my previous job I had an iPhone 6S which I was allowed to keep when I left, along with the mobile number. However, when I left the company I transferred carriers from EE to BT. I received a PAC code and the transfer occurred without incident.

I have now changed devices to an iPhone 8 and wish to give my son my 6S device but it is still locked to an EE Business account. BT have advised it is up to EE to unlock, the EE contact number I was given (07953966250) is for personal consumer accounts. The agent there tried to fix the problem but advised that the business account had not actually been closed when I left. He told me I had to speak on this chat with EE Business.
I no longer have any access to the Business account.

can you please advise who can unlock the handset so my son can insert his Vodaphone SIM card?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Unlocking a previous device to give to another user

@Deirdre0211    as it was on a business contract only the business contract account holder can request advice to be unlocked so if you wasn’t the account holder you can not request the unlock.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Deirdre0211    as it was on a business contract only the business contract account holder can request advice to be unlocked so if you wasn’t the account holder you can not request the unlock.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by
Explorer

I was the account holder (I received and paid the bills) but it was on a company contract. When I left the company I gave overwrite authorisation to a colleague to close out the account as I would not have access to the company system to clear my expenses. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Deirdre0211  You was the holder but you are not the account holder now you passed that on to someone else.   These other person will be the account holder and they’ll need to request the unlock of the device. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions