by guscrook Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking Iphone 5s

Just looking for some advice on unlocking my iphone,   I keep getting this messsage:   SORRY - WE CAN'T PROCESS YOUR UNLOCK REQUEST RIGHT NOW

We're having some problems processing your unlock request right now. Please try again later or call us on 150 for help.

But I am currently not in the UK - can anyone point me inthe right direction for solving this without calling ?

Cheers
9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking Iphone 5s

EE did ask you to phone to sort it out. Try Skype on the landline nos. in my sig.

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by guscrook Investigator
Investigator

The device was bought via EE and is out of contract since January after a 24 month contract. The phone was a replacement via EE insurance but I have had it over 6months so it should be simple process according to the EE website. Also apparently those bought after 2015 should unlock automatically after 18 months anyway...

I will try via Skype but probably too late in UK at the moment. Was hoping there was a more efficient communication solution...

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @guscrook you can contact Live Chat online by clicking the +EE tab to reveal the chap options here:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

They will be able to access the account and look in to why your details are not being accepted. They will be open from 8am UK time.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

This is EE Smiley Wink!

Most likely as it was an insurance replacement EE have no record of it & the unlocking form won't work.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @guscrook

Welcome to the community.

Did you manage to get in touch with the live chat team?

Chris

by guscrook Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

No I can't see where I can start a Live Chat?

by

OK @guscrook

Just open the get in touch page and click on EE.

There should be 2 options; 'For service queries' and 'For technical queries'.

When a chat is available, it will give you an option to go through next to each.

Hope this helps.

Chris

by guscrook Investigator
Investigator

Hello thank you for that.

I spoke to someone and they managed to sort it their end.

by

Excellent @guscrook!

Thanks for coming back to let us know.

Glad it's sorted.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.