by TBYH123 Investigator
Investigator

Unlocked Phone

its been 5 days since i attempted to unlock my iphone and it is yet to be unlocked. I have not recived a text or email with instructions of what to do. I am currently abroad and do not want to ring EE, paying £1.80 per min. What should my next steps be?

11 REPLIES 11
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unlocked Phone

Hi @TBYH123

Welcome to the community. 🙂

An request to unlock a device can take up to 10 days to go through.

As soon as it is unlocked, an email with instructions will be sent to you.

Fingers crossed it isn't too much longer for you.

Find out more about unlocking a device >

Thank you for your patience so far.

Chris

by TBYH123 Investigator
Investigator

In the confimation email i recieved it said for iphones it would take up to 72 hours , not 10 days? and if it was to take 10 days i would recieve a text informing me of the delay? I really need my phone to be unlocked and therefore would be greatful if you could inform me of what is causing the delay 

by

OK, thanks @TBYH123

It's possible that it has been unlocked already, and you just haven't received the email with the instructions.

Could you please give the Apple Unlocking instructions a try, just in case it's already done?

Please let me know what happens.

Thanks

Chris

by TBYH123 Investigator
Investigator

My phone is still locked as i have tried to use another sim from another service provider 

by

OK, thanks for trying, @TBYH123

I recommend getting in touch with our customer service team, so that they can check the status of the unlock for you.

There is an international number on there too.

Thank you.

Chris

by TBYH123 Investigator
Investigator

Is the international number free to call?

by

If you're calling from an EE SIM from withing the EU/EEA, it would be included within your allowances, @TBYH123.

If you are outside of the EU/EEA, please check out the roaming costs.

If you're calling from a non-EE SIM, it would depend on the network provider.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by TBYH123 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris,

I am calling from outside the EU and therefore it will cost me £1.80 per min to make such a call. Is there no otherway i can find out why my phone is still locked dispite paying the £8.99? 

by TBYH123 Investigator
Investigator

Direct and new 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try the Freephone no. in my sig over Skype.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.