Unlock

[Images rejected due to it containing personal information]

9 REPLIES 9
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Unlock

Hi, @markgal251 to unlock your phone or tablet see:

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/device-unlock

Yeah, basically you can do it from within your MyEE account. Good luck.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@markgal251 ,You can only have the phone unlocked once you have had it for six months, but I would take a read about getting your phone unlocked, as it depends whether it was from EE or second hand etc.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @markgal251

Thanks for coming to the community.

Depending on how you purchased the phone, use the links below to request your device to be unlocked;

If you have an iPhone that was purchased directly from EE on or after 1 September 2015 it will be unlocked automatically once the device reaches 18 months old.

This means you may not need to request your device to be unlocked if you purchased the Apple device on or after 1 September 2015.

You can now check the lock status of your EE device here or by texting UNLOCK to 150.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Leanne 🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Leanne_TBut texting Unlock to 150 only gives out info on Apple phones. Wierd but true. C@markgal251 @Schockwave 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Profile closed

Sending UNLOCK to 150 is for an EE Apple device, sorry for any confusion.

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You cannot use the online unlocking form or MyEE for 2nd-hand phones.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by markgal251 Investigator
Investigator

I originally post the transcript from a customer service representative but they where deleted has not allowed on the forum was stated that the phone in mention was already unlocked.

Upon putting a sim card in from another network this proved to be not so.

by markgal251 Investigator
Investigator

I have bought a secondhand phone in the past and had it unlocked by EE , which was a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge , also the phone I want unlocked is not a iPhone like it is showing on my account it's a Samsung Galaxy s8 plus , which also a customer service representative said log out log back in and it will correct itself , also the phone is already unlocked he said , I originally posted the transcript I saved of him saying this but it was deleted by the forum. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@markgal251   What network Sim card did you use if you used a three Sim card that’s your problem it’s best to use an O2 or a Vodafone Sim card once it’s unlocked you can then put a three Sim card in the device with out issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.