by Phil498
Explorer

Unlock

1. I've upgraded and want to unlock old LG G4, EE want to charge £8-99 but MSE say it shoul be free, please advise EE. 
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlock

It's free if you have completed your contract term.

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it used to have. It will first show your current phone on that number & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Phil498,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you the original owner of the phone and the current account holder?

Thanks

James

by Phil498
Explorer

Hi James, thanks for the reply, yes I am the original owner and I am the current account holder, upgraded to a G6 which is on contract so want the G4 unlocking.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then you can use the unlocking form I gave you. It'll be free.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Phil498

Thanks for getting back to us. 🙂

As @XRaySpeX confirmed, you will be able to request the free unlock on the unlocking form.

It will likely show your LG G6 as the contracted phone, but, there'll be an option to say that this isn't the one that you wold like to unlock.

Once you select that option, you'll be given the option to enter the IMEI of the LG G4 and request the unlock (free).

Find out more about unlocking your previous contracted device >

Let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions