by IrinaMartin1962 Investigator
Investigator

Unlock

Hello. I spoke to you about the release of my iphone, for use abroad on the other sim-card. I was told that the phone is unlocked. To do everything according to instructions. Reset settings, etc. Now write that you must activate the phone. However, when inserting the card and the start of activation indicates that the card is not suitable due to the fact that the phone is locked you. At the same time the top of the screen shows that the network catches and even has 3G. What to do? The phone is very necessary, and now not even turn on.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Re: Unlock

Hi and welcome to the Community @IrinaMartin1962

So I can try and assist, please may I know when you requested the unlock of the handset?

Many thanks

Lee

Investigator

Hello, phone unlocking requested about February 17, do not remember exactly. But February 21 wrote that all unlocked. And on the phone say the same thing. Ranvier But nothing turns out, produces the exact same error.

by
EE Employee

Hi @IrinaMartin1962

Which network SIM are you using to complete the unlock?

If you are seeing this message:

"The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store."

Please follow the Restore Process.

Let me know how you get on.

Lee

Investigator

Sim card of the Russian operator MTS, as I am in Russia now. For the link thanks, but I'm over it already held. Only now the possibility to do a restore through the computer was not, so take advice from this link on how to reset the phone, without a computer. After that, the phone stopped working without a SIM card, and only permits prior to the activation of all. Plus to this, I wrote of her that iTunes can not be used for the recovery. After a reset, the phone began to see the SIM card, but still does not activate it.

by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.