by Mars26
Explorer

Unlock old phone

Need to unlock an old S9 to use with another network sim card. Ee are closed now, any ideas for a quick resolution?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Unlock old phone

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with. It will first show your new current phone on that number, if any, & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Where did you get this device? Did you buy it yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The unlocking process & costs are different. Is it on contract or PAYG? How old is it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mars26
Explorer

It was direct from EE years ago, on monthly contract, as an upgrase, it has no EE sim card inserted in it, but I need to use another network sim card with it. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with. It will first show your new current phone on that number, if any, & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

by Mars26
Explorer

Thank you so much, I did try that form but I didn't know how to get around the part that asked for the mobile number for the phone in question. 

Thank you I'll try that and post back in here the outcome

by Mars26
Explorer

Hi, 

Ive used the form you suggested, and I've filled it in with your suggestions, and so far so good, it's been submitted and I'll await an email with the UNLOCKING code for that phone. 

Wish me luck

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Mars26.

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I can see you have been provided all the information needed. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.