by robertwilson_
Explorer

Unlock old phone without old sim

i recently sold my iPhone SE to someone on eBay, not realising it wasn't unlocked, the guy has since contacted me asking to unlock it however the problem is the old sim that was in it is in my new phone so I cannot unlock it without unlocking mine, is there any way to get round this? 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlock old phone without old sim

@robertwilson_   Did you advertise it as unlocked ?   

by robertwilson_
Explorer

No but unfortunately this guy is very insistent on me unlocking it, even after I explained that I could not...

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@robertwilson_    Then you need to tell him to call EE customer services and he will have to pay to get the device unlocked it will cost him £8.99 and it will take up to 10 days to process.   He only wants you to do it to save him self the £8.99 because for you it will be free. You have not sold this device as unlocked you have sold it in all honesty correctly he has to pay to get it unlocked.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@robertwilson_  If you wish to unlock the device for the purchaser you will need the IMEI number of the device.  you can fill out the online request form HERE and you will have to manually enter the IMEI number by clicking "NO THIS IS NOT THE DEVICE I WANT TO UNLOCK" you still put your phone number as that has nothing todo with unlocking of the device but it must be the phone number of the account that this devcie was used on. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @robertwilson_ and welcome to the Community.

If you want to unlock the device for the buyer, please follow the unlocking process.

If you want the customer to take ownership of the unlock, please do pass him to the Second Hand Device unlock process.

@Chris_B thanks for your help 🙂

Cheers

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.