by VgV777 Investigator
Investigator

Unlock my phone

I have been into a ee store and applied for an unlock code for my phone and for my girlfriend's phone on the 23.11.16 none of them have been unlocked, please can you help and let me know what's going on???

11 REPLIES 11
by VgV777 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Unlock my phone

Both phones are IPhone 6s silver and rose gold

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you buy both new direct from EE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by VgV777 Investigator
Investigator

Hello mate, thanks for your question, I bought them second hand. I've been told and checked online that second hand handsets have to be unlocked only in store and it cost 8.99£ 

i've been in store and paid for both unlocks but they're still locked to EE network!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. Use the landlines numbers in my sig. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@VgV777  You need to go back to the store and ask them as they are the ones taking care off this.   You will of been given a receipt for this and this is your only proof of this transaction.    

Just to add if these devices are not over 6 months old from the time of purchase from EE by the original owner then the device will not get unlocked. 

by VgV777 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris, they're both over 6 months old, and they are not blacklisted. You've been replying to everyone who asked the same question how can I unlock my second hand phone which is more than 6 months old to go and apply in an ee store for the unlock, don't you? And I've done the same, went to a store paid 8,99£ x 2 and they are still locked to EE

by VgV777 Investigator
Investigator

Before you had to go to a store to apply for unlock code for a second hand device older than 6 months, now you have to call customer service ? How can I get my money back then to call the customer service? They both are more than 6 months old and they are not reported lost or stolen(black listed)

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@VgV777  

Have you been back to the store and asked them what's going on ?  It should take no longer than 10 days to process an unlock request but if for some reason the unlock fails/goes over 10 days its for you to go back to the store and chase it up and ask why. 

You can still make store requests but it's now recommend to call customer services to make unlock requests. 

Do you have the receipt for this transaction ? With out this I very much doubt the store staff will remember you making this request so it's only your word that you have done this.  

by VgV777 Investigator
Investigator

No, I haven't been back because that store is about 20 miles away from my house, and who will cover the time and money for this travel? I don't trust them anymore, I'm sure they won't sort this out and I will have to go back there again and again. I have both receipts I can scan them and email to the unlocking team but I want to sort this out over the phone or internet, honestly I don't have time to spend traveling and money. I've been their once and applied for the unlock, why I should visit them again?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@VgV777 Great you have the  receipts.    Call customer services and ask them to put you  through to the unlocking  team.  And just explain to them the situation.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Nowadays phoning CS to get the unlocking team is the recommended way. By going to the store you have effectively asked them to do the same thing on your behalf.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.