by TheSpecs Investigator
Investigator

Unlock my phone from Ireland

Hi

I only had my phone a few months (I got it in September) but I unexpectedly moved to Ireland in January. I cancelled my contract and paid it off (cost over 300GBP). I like my phone and since I've paid so much for it I would like to keep using it but I need it unlocked. How can I unlock it from here in Dublin? I've called a few numbers including 0800 956 6000 but I can't get through to anyone and I've emailed but heard nothing back... 

Obviously now my phone can't call or text anyone so I'll be ringing from a landline. What number can I ring to sort this out?

Please get back to me asap.

Many thanks,

Sarah.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Unlock my phone from Ireland

Hello @TheSpecs do you have another line you can try? Although I am calling from the UK not abroad the number connects fine for me. EE do not have an email route for customer service I am sorry but you can try live chat by browsing the pages on http://ee.co.uk if it is/was a personal pay monthly account on EE. 

You can also try 0800 956 6000 options 2, 4 over Skype if you cannot call 0800 956 6000 from a normal phone. 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @TheSpecs you can get through to the unlocking team directly by calling +447953 966 250 from another phone using options 2, 4. 🙂

by TheSpecs Investigator
Investigator

I've tried calling but it just says that the number isn't in service... I'm calling from Ireland, is there any other number I can try? Or a direct email address?

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @TheSpecs do you have another line you can try? Although I am calling from the UK not abroad the number connects fine for me. EE do not have an email route for customer service I am sorry but you can try live chat by browsing the pages on http://ee.co.uk if it is/was a personal pay monthly account on EE. 

You can also try 0800 956 6000 options 2, 4 over Skype if you cannot call 0800 956 6000 from a normal phone. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TheSpecs   There is no email address you can use.    But you can fill out the online request form.    HERE. Fill out the form with the EE number you had.  But make sure you use a contact number that you can be reached on if needed.    

by TheSpecs Investigator
Investigator

I didn't think of Skype! Perfect, got it sorted! Thanks so much! 

CRISIS AVERTED

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @TheSpecs good to hear you were able to get through to them. Come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.