by zygissimo
Explorer

Unlock iphone 7 Plus

Hi everyone,

I have bought a second hand iPhone 7 Plus. To be precise it was never activated before. The initial purchase date is 6 months ago. But I've only activated it for a week now. I have EE Pay as you go card inside. Now the fun part begins.

I've contacted the customer service before purchase, told them IMEI number, they say there will be no problem to unlock the device. I would have never bought it if not this call.

Now every time I call I get a different story: activate the phone and we will be able to unlock / you need to wait for six months / call us in 24 hours and we will be able to unlock the phone

I have an EE account now, I've filled the online form to unlock device. Could anyone tell me what is going on and will the device will be unlocked eventually? 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlock iphone 7 Plus

@zygissimo  As the device is 2nd hand you can not use the online unlocked request form,  you need to call customer services and request them to unlock it you need pay via credit card the fee of £8.99 and it will take 10 days to process.  

Put your EE sim card in the device so the device is activated and wait for EE to contact you to inform you it's unlocked. 

by zygissimo
Explorer

Thank you @Chris_B

As I said I've contacted customer support for quite a few times now. I don't mind paying. I just want the iPhone to be unlocked.

Actually it was their idea to fill the online form. 

And last time I'va talked to Customer Support a girl mentioned something about my iPhone on another EE account. 

So that is what is bothering me the most: different answers + zero status I can see on my unlocking process. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Call Customer Services on this no. 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @zygissimo,

That's good advice from @XRaySpeX and @Chris_B.

Please get in touch with customer services and ask to speak with the unlocking team.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@zygissimo   Because it is 2nd hand it will be logged against someone else's account,  It was there upgrade device. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.