by Jinx1980 Investigator
Investigator

Unlock dual sim phone

Hi All 

Bit of advice and a rant all in one 

Just took out new contract on the Huawei p30 Pro and mainly because it's a dual SIM handset and it was ideal for using my EE sim and my work three sim in one handset perfect I thought.

I didn't know unlike most networks EE network lock phones unlike most the others come unlock out the box and if not done my research and asked other networks they don't lock dual SIM phones one as this blocks main purpose of dual SIM phone in first place and most come back saying this is a grey area around being allowed to lock the .or not with ofcom 

Now I'm stuck in position that I have to wait 6 months till I can unlock my handset network wise this would have been fine if I hand not got rid my old phone 

Surly as most networks.where weary and unsure about dual SIM unlocking from a ofcom point of view that EE should maybe follow the same policy for those type handsets ?

I'm frustrated and disappointed as stuck now and don't want have to resort to paying £50 to get it unlocked as it's new device so makes more expensive to do so

I have spoken to EE on phone and in store both times staff said yeah I know dual Sims are grey are from an network unlocking point view and kept refering to policy for single SIM phones ? Speaks volumes 

Any help in resolving this issue would be great thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Unlock dual sim phone

Like most network EE lock their phones and has always been the case.

It is only Three who doesn't lock their phones.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Jinx1980 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for reply I get that , but in case of dual SIM apart from three other networks don't network lock them as it's a primary feature of dual SIM phone to use 2 numbers at once on said devices 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

What other network don't lock them apart from Three?  Because it is only Three that doesn't 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.