Highlighted
by
Explorer

Unlock Samsung S5690

I have an old Samsung S5690 phone locked to Orange. I also have an Asda pay-as-you-go sim which uses the EE network. When I insert the Asda sim into the Samsung phone I get the message "ENTER NETWORK LOCK CONTROL KEY". I phone EE Customer Services and after half an hour of getting nowhere, they send me a text (on another phone). Text tells me to log into my EE account, click on SETTINGS, click on DEVICE TOOLS ??? There is no DEVICE TOOLS option!!! I click on other UNLOCK options but they all assume I have an EE phone that I want to unlock! Round and round and round and round I go. Can anyone please help? HJ.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Unlock Samsung S5690

A old Orange phone will not work with a Asda SIM 

Orange and T-Mobile merged to form EE but they went down the T-Mobile route so an EE sim is basically T-Mobile.

It needs to be unlocked. EE can do this.

Get them to request an unlock. It costs £8.99 and can take 3 to 10 days to receive

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.1)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

A old Orange phone will not work with a Asda SIM 

Orange and T-Mobile merged to form EE but they went down the T-Mobile route so an EE sim is basically T-Mobile.

It needs to be unlocked. EE can do this.

Get them to request an unlock. It costs £8.99 and can take 3 to 10 days to receive

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.1)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Hi BrendonH,
Thanks for your prompt reply. Have already contacted EE but the unlock
department is closed due to current pandemic. Hence the text instructions,
but they do not work. Looks like I will have to wait until this current
situation is over before I can get any sense out of them! Thanks
again. Regards, HJ.

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Where did you get this device originally? Did you buy it yourself new direct from EE/Orange or from a reseller or is it 2nd-hand? The unlocking process & costs are different. Was it originally on contract or PAYG?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions