by BettaDane Investigator
Investigator

Unlock Samsung Galaxy A3 2017

Hi, I have purchased a Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 from ebay and I wish to unlock it from the EE network as I am located in Australia.

I have made contact with EE via facebook and have been told the only way to unlock the device is by calling the 'Unlocking' team and pay the fee.  However because it will be an international call it could be expensive if I am waiting in the queue.

Can anyone in this community help with some suggestions on how I may be able to unlock the device without making the call... it seems the online option needs me to have the original account holders details, which sadly, I do not 😞 

Thank you in advance 🙂

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Unlock Samsung Galaxy A3 2017

You don't need an EE mobile no call the Freephone no, +44 800 956 6000, listed in my post. You're not looking at the nos. in my sig, are you? Ignore those; they are for EE custs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BettaDane : What you've been told is correct & is the only way.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card

You could try calling the Freephone no. over Skype. It should be free.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Yeah, the guy I was in contact with at EE was very good, so I never doubted what he said... just trying to work on a more convenient solution.  Even the unlocking fee of £8.99 is ok, wrll that is until you convert it to $AUD 😞

There should be a way to contact EE direct via email or something so I can provide them with the IMIE number and they can then check the status... at least then I know if it is worth the phone call. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There isn't but I did suggest Skype.

Investigator

Oh, yes, so you did... sorry I missed that, thanks, it is a great idea.

Forgive me for my basic knowledge, but how would I locate their skype number?

Investigator

Wow, I am feeling so simple right now... I have re-read your reply and I can see the Freephone number listed!  Sorry for the bother and thanks for your time.

Investigator

Hmm, so I tried the freephone option, however I can't progress as I do not have an EE phone number 😞

Thanks again for your help, but it looks like I will be needing to make the phone call !

Cheers, have a great day.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You don't need an EE mobile no call the Freephone no, +44 800 956 6000, listed in my post. You're not looking at the nos. in my sig, are you? Ignore those; they are for EE custs.

View solution in original post

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @BettaDane

Thanks for coming to the community,

If you could try us again today our opening hours on the weekend are 8am-8pm, if you call us during this time our unlocking team will be able to help.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Investigator

Hey Hey XRaySpex, yes I was using the number in signature, just another silly thing that I have done today... the up side is today is nearly finished for me!

Thank you so much for your help and patience, i have called the awesome team at EE and have arranged for the phone to be unlocked!

Once again, thank you so much I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and great 2020 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & hope it'll be soon unlocked.

Investigator

Thank you Leanne_T

I have contacted the awesome team at EE and have sorted out the issue.

Have a great Sunday and a great 2020 🙂

by

Great news @BettaDane

Hope you have a lovely Sunday too 🙂

All the best!

Leanne.

Investigator

Thanks, but my Sunday is now over 10:44PM here in Victoria, Australia... bed time 🙂

Thanks again.

by

Oh sorry @BettaDane

In that case good night and have a great Monday!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions